CHILDREN AND YOUTH OF NFC
Pastor Children - Youth
and Olivia Donovan
|Have a heart to volunteer and mentor kids?|
Click here to review the volunteer packet.
|Children's News Letter|
May April March
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR
CHILDREN AND YOUTH ON SUNDAY MORNING
Please feel free to bring your child/children into service with you. As a church we actually encourage this. They are more than welcome to join us for the entire Sunday experience!! If they become disruptive they may need a few moments with mom or dad out in the commons area and then brought back into the service with you. Another option if they become disruptive is to take them to their age appropriate class for the remainder of the message.
EXPLORERS (3 months through 2 years)
This classroom has volunteers who are waiting to love on your young ones. Parents with children newborn through 2 months of age are welcome to accompany their child in this classroom if child becomes disruptive during service. Please sign your child in at sign in table located at the entrance of room. All volunteers are state/federal background screened and church approved.
TRAVELERS (3 years through 5 years including kindergarten)
This classroom has volunteers who are waiting to love on your young ones. Curriculum is used to share Biblical truths to children in this class. Please sign your child in at sign in table located at entrance of room. Children in this age group will be brought to their parents after the message is complete and we begin worshiping our heavenly father with music.
JOURNEY KIDS (1st through 5th grades)
This classroom is taught utilizing prepared curriculum lessons and teachings. Each teacher prepares at home prior to class and comes ready to teach Biblical truths. Please sign your child in at the sign in table located just inside the classroom. Children in this class will be brought to their parents after the Sunday message is complete and we begin worshiping our heavenly father with music. Dedicated volunteer teachers are state/federal background screened and church approved.
YOUTH (6th through 12th grades)
Accompany their parents in the main service each Sunday. Be sure to pick up the “Youth” version of sermon notes as you enter the worship center. Just after service is concluded, youth are invited to join together in a group (no longer than five minutes) located at the front of our worship center. This short youth gathering is called “Message Download” with our children-youth pastor Jason Donovan. A quick download (discussion) of the message will take place.
MAKING THE MOST OF SUNDAY
At Northpointe Family Center we believe church doesn't happen just on Sunday mornings. In fact, more importantly, it happens all week in the family home. Interestingly enough, it happens as the family is driving down the road in the minivan, walking into a local store, before going to bed, when we wake up, or wherever we may find ourselves living life. Who better than Dad's and Mom's to spiritually disciple their children? Deuteronomy 6: 4-9 gives us a glimpse of this in action!!
Sunday marks a day of the week when we come together as a church body to worship our Lord and Savior. Make the most of Sunday by preparing your family for their worship experience this Sunday.
BEFORE THE SERVICE:
If we are honest with ourselves we've all experienced stressful Sunday mornings at home or on the way to church. A good example could be the following: Mom hurries to get children out of bed; dressed, fed, ready and out the door by a certain time. We can't forget she has to get herself ready also. Meanwhile dad's in the van honking the horn wondering why it's taking the family so long. This may or may not sound familiar to you however, start the morning off right by allowing plenty of time for everyone in the family to get ready. Be intentional by insuring Sunday morning starts off well for the whole family!!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AND DURING THE SERVICE:
- ~ Bring your child/children along with you as you engage in casual conversations with others prior to the start of service. This is a great opportunity for others to get to know the whole family not just dad and mom. It also includes children in conversations with adults who love the Lord and can speak life into them!!
- ~ During the message encourage your child/children to fill in their very own sermon notes. Youth sermon notes are available on the welcome table at the entrance of our worship center.
- ~ Encourage your child/children to read along with you (or in their own Bible) during scripture readings. There is truly something special when it comes to flipping through the pages of Gods living word!!
- ~ From time to time encourage your child/children to sing along during worship time. You’ll be amazed at how a 6 year old will sing along if he or she sees his parents singing and is encouraged by dad or mom to sing along too!!
AFTER THE SERVICE:
On the way home:
- ~ Discuss what each family member’s favorite part of the service was.
- ~ Discuss one or two things each family member learned during the service.
- ~ Talk of how your family can apply the sermon’s message to your family’s life.
- ~ Have fun, be creative, it can be interesting and fun!!
During the week: BE INTENTIONAL!! This may seem easy, however; it’s proven to be difficult for many with the busy life style many of us live.
- ~ If at all possible eat dinner as a family as often as possible during the week. This could also be a great time to discuss the sermon notes as a family.
- ~ Spend time as a family reading through the Word of God. Pick a One Year Chronological Bible to read from. Children are able to follow along well with a Chronological Bible. This very precious time may look and feel different for each family. The key is to pray asking God to help you and your family maintain this time more than not!! Don’t give up if you miss a day or two. Just jump right back in and continue on!!! REMEMBER DON’T GIVE UP!! DAD/MOM KEEP PRAYING BY ASKING GOD TO HELP YOU AND YOU’RE FAMILY WITH THIS!!!! Your family may need to make some sacrifices in order to be intentional with this!! Before you know it, this will become a habit for the family. If made consistent and fun the six year old that made a big stink in the beginning will soon look forward to this time together as a family. This will also help him/her on Sunday mornings be more apt to listen and a bit more engaged.
- ~ Dad’s be encouraged and know that you are called by God to lead your family spiritually. You have what it takes, you truly do!!
TIPS FOR YOUNGER ONES:
- ~ Encourage your child/children to draw the sermon on a blank piece of paper.
- ~ Use the internet to look for coloring sheets with Biblical accounts. Bring the coloring sheets and a few crayons with you.
- ~ Bring a Children's Bible to church.
- ~ Bring other Bible based activities to church.
Front Line Ministry
Welcome Home! Those are the words we all long to hear and the sense of belonging that goes along with it. Here at Northpointe Family Center we offer the family atmosphere you are longing to find. We have a loving God, our Lord, a caring group of siblings, the church, and a great children's ministry. As our website offers direction, so does the body of Christ. We serve you as the front line ministry. What does that look like? We are the first to greet you at the front doors, the ones to direct you to the appropriate service doors, offer you notes at the auditorium entrance, serve you coffee and walk your children to their classes. If it is raining we will cover you with an umbrella and if it is snowing we may all sled through the parking lot together! Just kidding! When you leave us to head home we are the ones who pat you on the back and say, "Please come again," and we truly mean it! All the components of a loving family are in place. It's a small thing in the scope of our Christian walk but it is a HUGE thing for us! It is our desire that you will want to return week after week. Don't hesitate any longer. We've been waiting for you. Come on in and join the family.
Kevan and Marnie Conkling
Northpointe Family Center offers you HOPE through Oaks of Righteousness!
You were meant to stand strong like the mighty oak tree, and experience life in its fullness. Yet life has a way of bringing discouragement that drains hope.
Oaks of Righteousness is a class that offers practical solutions to common problems that can rob you of hope. This class presents basic biblical teaching on forgiveness, healing and restoration, and instills the practical application of these truths into your heart.
You will receive personal ministry in a safe, comfortable setting. Many who have gone through this process have experienced release from past hurts and are now free to become the person God made them to be! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
We invite you to join the growing number of people who have been set free from bondage of the past. You were meant to enjoy a life free from past hurts that handicap present relationships.
Make the decision today! Contact Tony or Lee Ann Karr for the start date of the next class. The cost is $30.00 per person to cover the materials used.
This class meets for 10 weeks every Tuesday evening. Two to three weeks will require an additional meeting on Thursday evenings.
Contact Tony or Lee Ann Karr* at email@example.com or 816.214.6185 today!
*Tony and Lee Ann walked through the Oaks process years ago when they found their own lives struggling with hopelessness.
God used Oaks of Righteousness to set them free, and now they lead others through the same process. They have many years of experience teaching and training the practical solutions that set lives free.
YOU are invited to join the next class. Make the decision that can help release you to be all that
God has meant you to be! Contact Tony or Lee Ann today!
Worship isn't a live playlist of the latest Christian music chart-toppers at Northpointe Family Center. We long for much more than just singing songs. We value intimate encounters with the Holy Spirit through musical expression and our hope is that every single person who attends one of our services will be able to experience God up close in that way. Our worship style is contemporary and, most importantly, genuine and straight from the heart. We love Jesus and we love to praise Him!
Our Mid-Week Prayer meeting is held each Wednesday evening from 7-8 PM at the home of Pastor Gary and Mary Sue Babb, 10307 N Tracy Ave. KCMO 64155. We look forward to having you join us!